View Single Post
Old 20-06-2012, 19:18   #5181
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'm in training for my first 5k which I'll then extend to 10k and so on. There are some great apps out there which help. There's a good one on the NHS website called 'Couch to 5k' which uses interval training along with a motivational voice-over coach. It tells you how long to run for then how long to walk etc and gradually adjusts until it's a full out 5k run. I've lost almost a stone since the end of April using mine and I'm aiming for the Swansea Bay 10k in September
Good for you Russ.

There are also handy sport trackers for smartphones that monitor your speed, distance and altitude... good for tracking your workouts and monitoring your improvement.

The one I use can be downloaded to your phone here:
http://www.endomondo.com

I use the free option, it does everything I need.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote