View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 09:15   #1179
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Treaties - don't forget this protocol was put in place to help preserve the Good Friday Agreement, keeping the border open between the North and the Republic.

Doesn't bode well for future treaties if we walked away from this one after 6 months. If I was a negotiator for another country trying to set up a treaty with the UK, I would put in some tough break clauses right now.
It was a big mistake for the Guvmin to allow the EU to dictate our internal affairs. Any decision to close the Irish border would have been taken by the EU and they + Ireland should have been left to stew in that.

Your second point is, of course, perfectly correct. The UK is caught on the horns of a failure of its own making. Nevertheless, the matter needs to be resolved in a way that allows British sausages into NI. Equivalence is the answer and that is an EU decision.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote