View Single Post
Old 26-03-2010, 17:41   #61
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age
Re: Security and antivirus web links

Comodo Internet Security version 4 has recently been released, you can download a copy from here http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-....php?entryURL= just make sure to select Free Download where you will install a downloader. Here you can choose what to download.

Remember if installing to untick the opt-in box for Hopsurf (if you don`t want it).

Has it improved and is it easier to use?

Well yes it now has an integrated Sandbox which is not really a sandbox as most know it (sandboxie style) but anything it doesn`t recognize is given limited priveliges until it is allowed by the user or confirmed ok.
The AV component is slowly getting better and this release is a lot more user friendly.
The main gripe i have is the default setting (Internet security) allows all traffic out but blocks incoming. You need to change to Pro-active to stop this.

You certainly get a lot less meaningless pop-ups
Matty_ is offline   Reply With Quote