View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 04:53   #36
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Oscar 2020 Nominations

Well I am well chuffed. As I have said already I thought there was more than one deserving winner in each category so I was pleased for Brad Pitt and Rene Zellweger etc. I got very mardy half way through when Endgame missed out on visual effects, they did everything that was in 1917 plus a million times more, I thought it was a joke. 1917 was nominated in too many categories and all the way along right up and till the very last moment everyone was saying Sam Mendes was going to get best director. They rightly won cinematography for the filming style and that should have been (and was) it. I am ecstatic that Parasite picked up best director and best picture. A lot of people (Paul) don't take an interest in the Oscars because a lot of the films nominated are arty farty films you haven't heard of and normally wouldn't watch. The reason why I loved Parasite so much is that it wasn't a made for Oscars film, it is a normal thrilling and entertaining film you would want to watch that just happens to be in a different language and that is why it stood out so much from the other nominated films. Kudos to those guys.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote