View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 19:30   #261
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I do wish that they'd taken the books timeline and not thrown it all out of the window
I read storylines in some of the books I'd like to have seen explored in a film or two, but I can see why they did what they did. If they'd have followed the storyline in the books, they'd have been making that storyline canon. This would have upset those fans who preferred other storylines, and they'd have complained their favourite storyline was being ignored. Also, the writing team behind the film would have to scrutinise all the books to ensure they don't contradict any details from any of them, which would not really have been practical.

It's much easier to ignore all of it.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
I'm sure that story wouldn't have been any worse the 'Star Trek - The Motion Picture'.
Possibly not, but apparently Gene Roddenberry was actually quite heavily involved in that one.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote