View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 14:21   #1
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
DrAwesome's Useful ADSL Info & News

(Prt #1 The NTL phone Number 2 BT line Transfer)

The reason I'm leaving NTL to go back to BT is i want a faster connection and not for any other reason which means because NTL dont offer ADSL to residential customers i have no option but to transfer back to BT as a telephone subscriber

Transfering my NTL Number to my 2nd BT Line (the NTL phoneline to BT bit)
Having decided to have my NTL telephone number transfered to my 2nd BT line, the number transfer and the 2nd line activation was set for the 8th of Dec 2003 a BT engineer would call between 10:30am and 1pm, sure enough the BT engineer arrived (11am) and it took him just 8mins to activate the line and transfer the NTL number, (he told me before his visit he had tried on 2 occations to get NTL to release the number on the third attempt the number was transfered otherwise he would have been earlyier to activate the line).

Before the BT engineer left he told me the only problem now is when will NTL decide to release the ring tone (the problem was that the phone will ring on the NTL phoneline until NTL decide to release the ring tone) so after a 7-8 hour wait NTL still hadnt released the ring tone (prevously the BT engineer gave me a phone number for NTL, 0808 100 880 he advised me to call that number if the ring tone hadnt been transfered).

So i phoned 0808 100 880 and i just got a continues tone as if the number didnt exsist so i called my local NTL customer services to ask if someone could manually release the ring tone as it was rapidly getting to the time when NTL staff pack up and go home, i was then told it would be released some time during the rest of the day but they couldnt give me a time when.

So i thought sod this i'm not waiting around for the rest of the day/evening i did have other things i had to do so i called BT customer services 0800 521 125 and briefly explained what had happened upto the point of calling my local NTL customer services, i was put on hold for a short while and when the BT cs woman returned she told me that she had had a word with someone that would help sort the problem out "personally" and that it would all be sorted in under 30mins and apologised for the inconveinance, about 20mins into the half hour i checked the NTL line it was dead (no dial tone) the problem had been sorted.

My Free BT answering service was activated soon after (This service has to be asked for and doesnt interfear with you adsl connection).

Decided to take up BT Option #1 3p a minute for Daytime calls anywhere in the UK 6p for any Evening and Weekends calls you make in the UK - for up to an hour each call which Just £11.50 per month if paying by Monthly Payment Plan or Direct Debit, includes rental of your first line.

Tip
On an evening/weekend if you go over the hour your charged 1p per min so the best way to get by this is hang up before the hours up and re-dial the number and continue your conversation

I also get 5% off all calls I make to UK mobiles Reduced Evening and Weekend calls to our most called International destinations

These probably wouldnt benefit me as i dont make alot of voice calls outside the UK but theyre part of the option package as additional extras.

Additional 10% discount on five Friends & Family Overseas numbers Extra ways to save on International and Internet calls with a range of add-ons.

oH! nearly forgot if you re-connect to BT you want to get sky installed its only £1

Warning
Non of the BT options cover 0870/0845 any number Locall/National Numbers charged at local rate so if you have to queue in a BB help line etc you wont be making a saving taking any of the BT options at peek/non peek time inc weekends. (most people think that Locall and Local mean the same but they dont where options are concerened)

If anyone has any questions feel free to post them

Prt #2 The ADSL bit will follow in a few days
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote