Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 09:16   #4629
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Jon, Have the numbers been normalised? As it stands, I for one cannot judge the implications of the figures.
Nope, that's raw data. Yellow Card reporting is unfiltered as anyone can drop in a report here. I remember some time back when you were discussing flu vaccine side effects and I recommended dropping a Yellow Card report in.

Here are the words from the MHRA with the important bits highlighted;

Quote:
Part of our monitoring role includes reviewing reports of suspected side effects. Any member of the public or health professional can submit suspected side effects through the Yellow Card scheme. The nature of Yellow Card reporting means that reported events are not always proven side effects. Some events may have happened anyway, regardless of vaccination. This is particularly the case when millions of people are vaccinated, and especially when most vaccines are being given to the most elderly people and people who have underlying illness.
Just idly scrolling through the Pfizer list and there are some good ones in there. People reported the following as vaccine side effects;
  • 6 electric shocks
  • 1 crushed face
  • 3 sunburn cases
  • 39 negative COVID tests (oh no!)
  • 1 bitten tongue
  • 1 case of laziness
  • 1 case of low income and 1 case of high income

We want to encourage side effect reporting, even for issues that wouldn't result in a doctor or hospital visit but some of the side effects reported are a stretch!