View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 13:47   #83
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
And it is, in the sense I clarified when you asked.

The disconnection between payment for, and access to, the BBC's services is evident in its website, its radio output and even its TV service as long as you only access that content after broadcast.

The TV licence is not a BBC subscription, it is a licence to operate a TV receiver. I appreciate the difference is subtle, but in the context of this discussion it's relevant.
saying in the sense means there is another sense where it is not so its semantics . The BBC is funded by the TV licence so anyone who pays the TV licence is paying to watch those who do not are not paying. I pay so it is not free
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote