View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:21   #80
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: The future of television

My TV has a receiver in it wired to an ariel on the roof. If VM service is down I can still use that to watch something, especially live sport like 6 Nations, and from the comfort of my front room.
I've holidayed in places with a set and ariel and that's all.
Radios especially in cars will still want to receive programmes including BBC and in many cases you can't replace with some IP/5G internet thingy. Classic cars for example.

Wonder how many young adults with young kids would support PBS broadcasting via an ariel if stuck at home with the internet down. Suddenly having CBeeBees easily available for "free" would seem a small price to pay license fee for.