Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2021, 11:31   #3183
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
If it can be stored longer term, then best endeavours may mean storing it for a few months.

The only redress I can think of here is that whatever quantity of vaccines were exported from the EU is replaced with an equivalent exported from outside the EU into the EU. Perhaps the raid on the Belgium factory was to establish the scale of the exports and determine if it was significant or not.

But I'm not a procurement lawyer nor have I seen the AstraZeneca contract so this is pretty speculative. I would encourage AstraZeneca to allow the contract to be published.
Why would it matter what the yields were, they had no reason to lie about it. They could've handed it over to the EU and said "you store it".

This suggests it can be stored for months.
Quote:
The Wrexham plant is able to produce around 300 million doses of the vaccine each year, and had been producing 150,000 phials a day for months ahead of the roll out the vaccine across the UK at the end of 2020.
The CP Pharmaceuticals lab is carrying out the "fill and finish" stage of the manufacturing process. This involves dispensing the vaccine into vials ready for it to be sent out across the country.

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Careful you don’t disappear down a rabbit hole here. There’s absolutely no evidence of vaccine from AstraZeneca in Belgium being sent to the UK, and nor is it at all likely to have occurred. Unopened multi-dose vials of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine have a shelf life of 6 months, and that’s one of the reasons they took a chance and started manufacturing it in the UK many weeks before trials concluded it was safe and effective. If AZ was working to its best effort it will have been manufacturing as much vaccine as possible to be ready to meet the EU order as soon as it was approved.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...eca-reg174.pdf
I was trying to offer what seemed like a plausible explanation for the EUs whinging. The output from the EU plants has to be stored somewhere, no matter what the yields were.