Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2021, 10:45   #3181
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
That would mean the Belgian AZ plant might have had little choice other than to send it to the UK, if that is what has been going on. If it can be stored longer term, why should AZ be expected to store it until the EU finally approves it?
If it can be stored longer term, then best endeavours may mean storing it for a few months.

The only redress I can think of here is that whatever quantity of vaccines were exported from the EU is replaced with an equivalent exported from outside the EU into the EU. Perhaps the raid on the Belgium factory was to establish the scale of the exports and determine if it was significant or not.

But I'm not a procurement lawyer nor have I seen the AstraZeneca contract so this is pretty speculative. I would encourage AstraZeneca to allow the contract to be published.