View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 05:23   #11
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: This is what passes for support at VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyalien View Post
It is beyond pathetic and the sad thing is they ahve been ripping £7.50 from me each month for two years because it is practically impossible to get any support that does not result in being bumped from queue to queue, hung up on by rude talentless brain dead ******s and I have just been in a loop with this for too long. The pain of trying to deal with them just makes it so you cannot get any help from them. Once again I have waited all day in this queue and no-one has contacted me and tomorrow I will get the same 'Hi my name is punjab how may i help you and i will then be placed in the same queue again and again and again and again.

It is sad when a company that states it is a comms company has that bad support that the only recourse is to not pay the bill and let them disconnect and the go to court to show how all the late fees are actually because of their system and to show the sheer incompetance of them, but so be it. Bear in mind this has been going on for TWO YEARS. Just let that sink in lol How pathetic that they outsourced all the support centres to backwards 3rd world hell holes just to save a few quid and all at the expense of providing a good customer service which results in people leaving and them losing money - talk about short sightedness. If anyone reading this is considering joining VM please save yourself from all the pain and lies and BS and go with some other provider who actually cares about you; VM do not care about their customers and hopefully one day VM will go under.
My sympathies are with you and I concur with everything you say. It took them nearly a month to get a new V6 to me. Twitter, facebook, review sites and even their own community forum is full of people complaining about this, yet nothing is done.

This last summer an elderly neighbour had trouble with his broadband and was getting nowhere, so I gave him the email of the VM CEO as they have helped me in the past.

They didn't reply for over a month, so he sent another couple of emails to chase them up. He then received a letter from them (which he showed to me) that basically said don't email us again and if you do, we will consider cutting off all your services!!! I kid you not. I asked what he was going to do and he said he'd save them the bother and cancel his services after over 20 years and go somewhere else (which he has done).

A lot of people are now complaining to Ofcom. If enough people do this, they will launch an investigation. If you wish to let them know how you've been treated, this is the link:

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/...mCCTMonitoring

They also have an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme called Cisas:

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

---------- Post added at 04:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Wow. I’ve used live chat with numerous companies and this is the first time I’ve ever seen it being used in this way. “Non immediate”? What the smegola is that even supposed to mean? I’ve also heard the “COVID reduced capacity” message from every single call centre I’ve dealt with since the first lockdown began, but I’ve never been kept waiting more than about 10 minutes.

This looks exactly like the kind of lackadaisical nonsense that you used to get from NTL, and prompted the founding of this forum.
It's now much, much worse than NTL ever was Chris. I remember getting annoyed at having to wait 30 to 45 minutes waiting for NTL to answer, but at least they did answer and you got through to someone who spoke better than pidgin English.

I see they're trying to blame covid, but their service has been deteriorating for at least two years. In addition, they've had 9 months to sort it out like other companies have e.g. working from home.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 09-12-2020 at 04:19. Reason: Added link.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote