Thread: Amazon Star Trek: Picard
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 19:23   #129
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Picard

Also, given the development of the story over seven seasons and finally Nemesis, there is a very satisfying completeness in his having pushed for the grand rescue mission and also to have a couple of Romulans working for him (and them also obviously caring very deeply for each other). I love the way they’ve drawn Laris in particular. Obvs Orla Brady genuinely is Irish, but they have written dialogue that allows her natural accent to warm whatever scene she’s in. Laris even speaks Irish idioms, which leads me to think somewhere in the show Bible it says when she came to Earth she spent time in Ireland and learned to speak English there. There is such attention to detail in it. I’d put money on it being built to out-last Pat Stewart’s involvement.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote