Thread: Amazon Star Trek: Picard
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 18:58   #128
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Have to admit, when he said that word, some dust got in my eyes...
This is the perfect example I need when I try to explain to people what I mean by my realism factor, proper stories, depth and caring about characters. This series is perfect because they are showing off the new special effects, doing a new story with new characters but still staying true to the main character. There are all these little moments where they keep honouring him and letting us know that they know (the producers) who he is and give him the respect he deserves. It is the little things he says and does that do it for me like when he walked onto the bridge and looked at the captain's chair like he was going to sit on it or in ep 1 when he was playing with Data at the beginning and Data asked him why he was hesitating and he replied "because I don't want it to end" and I thought "I don't want it to end either " I like how they also addressed the absence of team TNG as well in the last episode because from our point of view it makes sense that if he is in a tight spot he would turn to the people he knows and can trust. I am still holding out hope that when it really counts, Worf comes crashing through the window with his Bat'leth and pastes some Romulans or Borg.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote