View Single Post
Old 13-02-2018, 13:51   #253
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

This is an interesting development from the BBC.

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/02/b...onditions.html

The documentation relating to the future distribution of content states:

'The BBC expects that over the course of the Charter period it will continue to deliver value to audiences through broadcast services – which still make up the majority of BBC consumption – while preparing for a future where all content experiences are delivered over the internet. Given the increasing pace of change, the BBC needs to prepare for that future to arrive early in the next Charter period. The transition to internet delivery of BBC services creates opportunities for the BBC to offer richer, more targeted experiences for audiences (see below) and new ways of bringing the nation and communities together, while also avoiding the duplicative costs of broadcast. However, it also comes with additional strategic challenges, above all, ensuring the BBC’s public service mission can still be effectively delivered on new connected platforms.'

This appears to lend credence to the theory I have promoted on my linear tv threads that broadcast channels are likely to be a thing of the past within the next couple of decades. If the BBC expects delivery of its programmes by internet only within the next 20 years, this gives me much more confidence in championing that opinion. My thinking until now was that the BBC would be the last to stop broadcasting in the conventional way.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 13-02-2018 at 13:56.