View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 23:02   #2000
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The proposals aren't new. They seem to be what was offered already but with a more concrete timetable for implementation. However since they're enshrined in law there were certainly going to come.

The polls won't swing back either. The energy behind Yes seems to be one of optimism and hope rather than pragmatism. Yes has never answered how all their hopes will be paid for or why a Currency Union would happen but they're surging ahead anyway and accusing critics of scaremongering.

I think it's looking more like a Yes vote will win.
I'm hoping you're wrong. If they intend to regurgitate vague promises and stick vague deadlines on in then it will backfire. Much of the YES alleged "surge" is, I suspect, largely a knee-jerk opposition to the condescending politics of Westminster.

I still think it will be a No, possibly even a resounding NO!, but if the BT heavyweights misjudge the mood in Scotland it could just be a Yes.

It's very unique being part of it. People are engaging in politics in a way that I have never witnessed before. It's very empowering; having a historical vote that could define your country for future generations.

The Yes campaigners had a large presence in my local Main Street yesterday morning. I had an interesting discussion with a Yes gentleman and expressed some of my main concerns. He didn't exactly enlighten me because he trotted out the party line. What was interesting, and kind of surreal, was that I was expressing BT concerns to a Yes campaigner who had an obvious English accent! A Yorkshire lad that has resided here for 30 years as it transpired.

Even if we're separate we'll still be together
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote