Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2021, 11:07   #1579
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Oh well, it that case the HD channels will automagically appear everywhere in October as predicted.

I'm wasn't saying it won't happen, simply that there hasn't been an announcement from the source to confirm that it will. Enhancements to iPlayer have been announced, these could simply be extra iPlayer steams. The Beeb have announced that BBC One English regions will eventually be in HD but with a completely different timescale.

I agree with all that. I too will believe it when I see it. The initial posts I read speculated it could well be just iPlayer.

It's likely the other timescale of End Of 2022 is for DTT/Freeview and is for the completion of the whole thing, they are probably just starting with Satellite.

I'm going to continue to proceed like nothing's going to happen and then it'll be a nice surprise.