Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 09:46   #6851
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
My guess (and it is just a guess) is that things might be tweaked so years 11 (15-16) and 12 (16-17) will be vaccinated as a whole rather than doing things by age. It would make a hell of a lot more sense.

I have already been winding up my needle-phobic 15 year old that she is getting a vaccination for her birthday. She is not happy but my 13 year old is laughing like a drain!

(she knows that she should get the jab and her options are very limited in our house about vaccines with two scientist parents)
I suspect once adequate supplies of Pfizer are sourced to booster JCVI groups 1-9 and 12-15 year olds suddenly the advice will change. Entertainingly the current advice is for a single dose of Pfizer for 16 and 17 year olds - nothing about timing of (or even if there will be!) second doses. But it’s definitely definitely not a supply issue.