Thread: UK Timeline War Of The Worlds
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 16:34   #20
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The War Of The Worlds

It was totally pants, the whole thing was a lesson on how screw up an adaptation of a classic story.

I don't think anyone has managed to do it justice ever. The definitive version remains the musical version!

Episode 1 was slow, and just seemed to be a outlet to show how pretty the lead actress could look (if you like redheads).

Episode 2 the tripods where actually quite good, I liked the way they moved. There was no further explanation of why the smoke killed them. No Thunderchild. Artilleryman Superfluous.

Episode 3 not just Ep3 but the time jumping forward and back didn't do anything to enhance the story. The aliens didn't look good.

it was just not good, I think budget constraints may have affected it.