View Single Post
Old 25-04-2005, 18:40   #3
monkey2468
Inactive

Services: 1tb tivo, vhd, 60meg shub2 cablemodem, 1Xphoneline, Virgin mobile contract p
monkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Linksys router - minor problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertJ
Since installing a Linksys Wireless router (WRT54G) with my ntl cable modem I get the following:
After I boot up and connect to the internet (winxp SP2) and then try to access the web, I get an error message that tells me that †˜no connection to the internet is currently availableââ‚ ¬â„¢ and asks me if I would like to †˜work offlineââ‚à ‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ or †˜try againââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ to attempt to connect. I click on †˜try againââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ and it uses the connection, no problem. It then works perfectly but if I don't access the web for a few minutes I get the same message. If I click on 'try again' it works OK again.
I set up the router using Automatic Configuration †“ DHCP; under which there is no †˜Keep Aliveââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ option. The option to keep the connection alive only appears under PPPoE and PPTP.
Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢d be very grateful for any advice.
I have the identical issue with my linksys router. Its like my pc has lost its ip for a second or two. Click retry, works perfectly until the next period of inactivity. Its always been like this for me, but doesn't anoy me enough to do anything about it.......
monkey2468 is offline   Reply With Quote