View Single Post
Old 23-02-2019, 17:03   #15
crowarth
cf.member

Services: Voom Fibre Option 3, 13 static IP addresses
crowarth is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to crowarth
Re: Downgrading VM... what is fair minimal package?

When it comes to TV, it's personal choice. I ditched my V6 service because I found I could comfortably watch what I wanted/needed on streaming services I already had. Same can be said for my partners viewing habits. I don't miss it at all, except the multiple recording feature, but that wasn't enough to warrant keeping it.

Speaking about the phone line - I would say I am one of the aforementioned "phone-forsakers" and can confidently say I do not miss it or regret getting rid of it. Again, I think it's down to the individual; my mobile phone is more than enough these days. But given my technical background, I decided to port my landline out to a SIP trunk provider, and have my own PBX at home to handle the landline, though really that's overkill as I only really use it for voicemail - but my current solution handles it wonderfully, so the overkill is fine, and it gives me something to tinker with.

A decent switch shouldn't be a bottleneck, so as others have said most likely peak time demand in this case.
crowarth is offline   Reply With Quote