Thread: Tivo V6 Additional V6 Box
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 15:58   #14
45rpm
45RPM

45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Additional V6 Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You wouldn't have upgraded from a V6 to TiVo. You would have had an older V box.
How can I determine whether my old box is V6 or otherwise? There's a load of numbers on the backplate eg Samsung gu466gg uk smt-c7100 nagra ird

Quote:
These are all disabled and decommissioned.
I was promised at the time of the switchover that my old box could be used in another room or a at any time in the future. Where they misleading me?

Quote:
Virgin Media contribute to the WEEE DTS scheme to cover kit that they don't ask for back
Err no; they refused to have it back at the time.

Quote:
At no stage is legal ownership of the rented kit transferred to customers for resale. This means any rented Virgin Media kit that is on eBay is still illegal.
This just gets worse and worse. Do you honestly believe VM are treating its customers fairly?

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
How does that stop people chucking their unwanted/unreturnable boxes into landfill? If VM always retain ownership then they should be responsible for disposing/recycling.
Absolutely!
45rpm is offline   Reply With Quote