View Single Post
Old 24-01-2020, 17:24   #71
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Official Star Wars Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

What was said about Rey’s parents in The Last Jedi was true - from a certain point of view. And
Spoiler: 
considering that the prequel trilogy established that Palpatane was the one who resurrected the Sith and started decades of turmoil in the galaxy, there is a very pleasing symmetry in his final denouement coming at the end of the final film. There is absolutely zero chance that this had not been discussed prior to the first story meetings for The Rise of Skywalker, and it is likewise vastly unlikely that Rey’s connection to the grand narrative of the saga had never been considered in detail.
I'll be honest and say that while I enjoyed TLJ, there were things I think that could have done better.. For instance, I felt that Akbar deserved a far more honourable death than he got.

Also, I never believed that Rey's parents were insignificant. I've seen too many films and TV shows where the writers go to great lengths to tell the viewer how a given character is insignificant only to reveal at the end that he or she is actually very significant, and the later Star Wars films have ALWAYS done that with Rey and her parents. I'll be honest, I did believe the fan theory that Luke was her father, and her mother was one of the characters from the expanded universe (even though this is not canon), perhaps Mara Jade. So I was wrong on that count.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote