View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 19:46   #89
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The Hancock Affair

Six days ago…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-Universe.html
Quote:
SARAH VINE: The problem with the wife who's been with you for ever is that she knows you're not the Master of the Universe you purport to be

… I was struck by something Hancock told an interviewer during lockdown.

Asked about how the family had been coping, he said ‘of course, Martha’s borne the brunt of it’, adding: ‘Thank God Martha is totally wonderful in looking after the children and looking after me, and it’s really tough.’

For many people, this might sound like a compliment. And I am certain that was the intention.

But to anyone who truly understands how high-level politics works, it’s also an alarm bell. Because the dynamic it implies is that of two people on very different paths.

In many ways this exemplifies the eternal lot of the political spouse: keeping the home fires burning so the ‘Big I Am’ can do more important stuff – in this case saving the world from Covid-19.

The old ‘behind every great man there’s a woman drowning in dirty laundry’ is a cliche. But it’s true.

It is very hard to do these high-level, high-pressure, high-stakes jobs unless you have someone prepared to take up the reins in every other department of your life.

But the problem is that inevitably sets you on different tracks. You become so entrenched in your respective roles that you begin to drift apart.
Today…

The end of a marriage is never easy, and I hope that Sarah Vine be shown the same empathy and compassion as she has shown to others…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2481B318-CA2B-4AC9-95E2-88210C90B21A.jpeg (71.8 KB, 35 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 02-07-2021 at 19:50.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote