View Single Post
Old 27-12-2016, 19:59   #10
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rogue One SPOILER thread

So did I today...until I heard about Carrie.

As to the film, I found it utterly spot-on. Everything you'd expect in a Star Wars movie, but (heresy!) told in a better way even than the original film. The fact that even the protagonist didn't escape was especially poignant, though I half expected it - after all, the facility was heavily defended...and of course the Death Star was en route. Then again, that's consistent with the spirit of the Rebellion: it didn't matter if they didn't get out, as long as the plans did. Even in death, they knew they'd won.

It might be redaction on a grand scale, but now the existence of the design flaw makes sense. There's a novel, Death Star, in which the thermal exhaust port was nearly omitted because one of the station architects decided it was redundant - but then the Wookiee engineer who was told to not build it was taken ill, and he didn't get a chance to pass on the instruction not to build the thing...so it got built.

But the film explanation was even better.

I loved the music; Michael Giacchino brought as much love and respect to the score as he did to The Incredibles, echoing John Williams beautifully without copying him. Until the credits, I thought it was John's. Here's hoping Michael scores Episodes VIII and IX (if John doesn't).

Firefly fans were/are ecstatic over Alan Tudyk's performance, and rightly so - K2-SO was a brilliant creation!

Star Destroyers colliding - oh, yes!!!

Darth Vader's appearance on the Rebel cruiser was just electrifying!

All in all, I reckon 10.6/10 - definitely one for the Blu-Ray collection!

Last edited by Anonymouse; 27-12-2016 at 20:09.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote