View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018, 23:16   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Hawaii alert: False missile alarm sparks panic

Appears to be some confusion.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...state-exercise
Quote:
The White House said Saturday that President Trump was briefed on the false emergency alert that went out in Hawaii warning of an incoming ballistic missile threat.

"The President has been briefed on the state of Hawaii's emergency management exercise. This was purely a state exercise," White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters said in a statement.
http://wgntv.com/2018/01/13/hawaii-o...bound-missile/
Quote:
An emergency alert notification sent out on Saturday claiming a “ballistic missile threat inbound to Hawaii” was a false alarm caused by an employee pressing the “wrong button” during a shift change, according to Hawaii Gov. David Ige.

“BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL,” the initial emergency alert read.

While the message caused concern on social media, the Hawaii Office of Emergency Management quickly responded on Twitter, saying, “NO missile threat to Hawaii.”

It was a mistake made during a standard procedure at the change over of a shift and an employee pushed the wrong button,” Gov. David Ige told CNN.

A second emergency alert was sent to phones in Hawaii 38 minutes after the initial message confirming the false alarm.
This was posted on FB

Quote:
Not one I need to do again. Taking care of 3 yo grandson while his mom and dad and big brother are on the other side of the island attending a school tour. As my wife said to our daughter in Connecticut - “we are too busy getting water and food and finding the safest place in the house - can you check other sources to see what is really happening?” Daughter found tweet from Tulsi, confirming no attack, let us know, then melted into tears for the next hour, until she was feeling well enough to fill up a glass with tequila. I am skipping my bike ride and just sticking close to family here. Hell of a day.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 13-01-2018 at 23:27.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote