View Single Post
Old 15-08-2008, 23:40   #14190
daisey
Inactive

daisey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Yeah but remember that just because they were only a small representative group, there are many more who could not be there. I wasn't there and neither were 100+ people I know agree strongly with the point they were making. Then there's 1000's who made the effort to sign the petition (easy to do but requires SOME effort so 16k signatures is not insignificant)

I think if you mean, a small protest looks bad in PR terms, yes perhaps agree with you there -- if not contexted as I have done here. It was not a Saturday after all.
hi Hank
Yes, I do mean that the exercise was TERRIBLE in PR terms. I think that no matter what the intention (and I agree 100% that you have tons of support etc) that you (collective) must try to play on your opponents playing field.... and you are not doing that. Truely, if I was them I would take the photo of Alex Hanff there with three other people and send it straight to every single person i was trying to negotiate with to show them that I (phorm) am correct in saying you guys are a non-entity. also - last and not least- all those signatures are GREAT but what you need is PRESS. Being on the morally correct side is not enough.... you can be right and still the loser.

all i am saying is Be Smart. Play by their rules- not yours.

Otherwise you lose.