Old 15-08-2008, 23:23   #14186
daisey
Inactive

daisey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by warescouse View Post
daisey and

I think feelings are running high because it has been frustrating trying to get someone to identify that 'they' are responsible for investigating our complaints. Probably wrongly, the police have been largely ignoring well thought out and justified complaints from members of the public who have issues that they genuinely feel need investigating.

When after seemingly achieving one of our objectives (probably will be dwarfed by the EC issues), the apparent lack of response after one whole month of the police having in their possession a mass of information which obviously had been ignored was frustrating to all concerned. I feel the policeman on the other end of the phone behaved as described by BetBlowWhistler in an earlier post and could have behaved a little better.

If as a result of this episode, the police do pull up their socks and look into the case, perhaps it may well be the kick-start needed. I don't blame the police as I know they are well overworked with meeting ridiculous paperwork targets set by the government, but I feel the issue should have been looked into properly by now.

I still maintain this forum is the best place to voice all our issues. I totally despise the baiting that goes on by certain members but if someone comes here with well thought out pro Phorm arguments there are many people on this forum well qualified to debunk them without resorting to name calling.

I hope we all cool down and sleep on it.

i totally agree. dont think that there are not tons of people out there, reading this and laughing their heads off.

as for the call to the police issue--why deal with the lowest common denominator. these are big issues. this detective probably could not understand the issues if he tried. i agree that you must go to the european union.

also, these small protests with under a dozen people--they just give phorm lots of ammunition against you. it looked, frankly, silly and as if no one cares about or supports your cause--as if its true when the ceo says you are a small bunch of loud scaremongerers.

it works against you.