View Single Post
Old 18-09-2004, 15:30   #152
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Re: NTL is call centre with longest wait in Mirror test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsy42
Sorry Russ, not often I disagree with you but I do here. Harsh as it sounds NTL don't provide support for pc problems or training on pc's for new customers. Customers sometimes see something wrong with their pc and assume it's NTL that can either help or are responsible. I often suggest to customers that they try night school etc to try and gain confidence/knowledge because as you know God helps those who help themselves
I agree here.

The number of times I have to deal with people who don't know what the start button is, or don't understand what 'press enter' means.

These people usually expect me to run through a crash course in using computers over the phone...this is NOT what we exist to provide.
We exist to provide a broadband service, which is what we provide, and if customers cannot use a PC, then they need to learn to do so, I'm afraid, not expect their broadband provider to teach them for nothing.

Similarly, you get people who suddenly decide that the corrupted version of IE they've got that won't even load up and comes up with missing DLL errors, used to work perfectly until we fitted a modem in their lounge, which hasn't even been connected yet, therefore we must pay them £800 for a brand new PC or they'll be off to trading standards!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the trading standards office when they go in!