View Single Post
Old 22-05-2017, 14:59   #4157
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Having another go at fixing the oven clock / programmer. It's one of those with the revolving drums. Two of the gears in the reduction drive had stripped the smaller 10 tooth part of the cog. Thought I'd found replacements out of a washing machine programmer but when fitted the clock ran fast. Turns out they have 49(?!?) teeth instead of the 50 that I needed, the smaller part had the correct number at 10. The gears are modulo 0.4 and that's not common.

Trawled the net and the only ones I could find were from a Spanish company, 98p each but a whopping £15 p&p and you needed to be a company and register with them.

Using my hobby drill, a selection of burrs etc and some araldite married the 50 tooth part of the old cog with the 10 tooth part of the washing machine ones. I managed to work out how to put the whole complicated mechanical thing back together. And it ran! But only for a few hours: there's another cog with a dodgy tooth that actually drives the minute drum advance cam and it stopped there. Now it's hunt the cog to make a hybrid up for that.

Probably a good thing I didn't spend the £20 odd quid, then I would have been mad. Not that the oven needs the clock and we've never used the timed switch on function but I thought it would be nice to fix it.

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Which means sharing a hotel room with a person who I've never met before because the manager will snaffle a room all to himself.
You didn't seriously expect to share with her?