Thread: US Timeline The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 10:49   #127
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Mandalorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I wasn't impressed, it was just another planet and another adventure-of-the-week episode like all the others in season 1. I was expecting it to continue where season 1 finished. Rather staying with the procedural/A-team/Airwolf/Knight Rider theme I think this series would seriously benefit from going down the route of The Boys and Expanse in having a proper deep structured story told across the season. He can still go to different planets and meet people as part of that but at least we would get somewhere and the story would move on and develop. All he is doing atm is hopping from planet to planet dragging baby yoda along with him. The novelty has worn off now and the high production quality can't carry it. Which planet and random group of people is he going to be fighting next week?
That wasn't just any random planet and people though. This episode had many easter eggs and links to the original trilogy.

I prefer the simple approach,