View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 11:52   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Sue Barker leaving "A Question of Sport"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I suspect you are right. It could be a new producer, just wanting to put their mark on the show I've worked in a few offices where a new manager has come in and changed stuff seemingly for no reason. Often it was because they wanted to make their mark.

I've even read that a few years ago, a new Producer joined Eastenders. He joined, and a few weeks later, introduced a storyline that ultimately killed two of the main characters. It is rumoured he was sending a message to the cast, that he was in charge. Entirely possible, but still a rumour.

OK, so the EE Producer didn't kill off the entire cast, but maybe the new producer is trying to change things. After all, if the change is successful, then the new producer can argue on their CV that they successfully rebooted a successful UK TV franchise.

Same here. I used to watch it when I was a kid, but, TBH, that was because we only had one colour TV, and my dad enjoyed it. Not like now, when if anyone in the family wants to watch something (be it on TV or online), they have dozens of different ways they can watch it.
Almost certainly true, but it won’t be the day to day series producer - someone who will have had the authority to make wholesale changes like this will be higher up the food chain. The BBC’s internal structuring is arcane in the extreme (W1A is not at all far from the truth), but it has a department called ‘in-house entertainment’ which may or may not be located within the Entertainment and Music division, which is itself located within BBC Productions. A new senior director somewhere in that reporting line is most likely responsible.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote