View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 12:28   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Sue Barker leaving "A Question of Sport"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Someone at the BBC has decided the show needs fixing, and has sacked (or rather declined to offer new contracts to) all three of the show's regulars. QoS will be back, but most likely in name only. The fact that it's only ever had three hosts in 50 years, with Sue Barker doing almost half of it, gives you a clue how little it's actually changed in all that time.
I suspect you are right. It could be a new producer, just wanting to put their mark on the show I've worked in a few offices where a new manager has come in and changed stuff seemingly for no reason. Often it was because they wanted to make their mark.

I've even read that a few years ago, a new Producer joined Eastenders. He joined, and a few weeks later, introduced a storyline that ultimately killed two of the main characters. It is rumoured he was sending a message to the cast, that he was in charge. Entirely possible, but still a rumour.

OK, so the EE Producer didn't kill off the entire cast, but maybe the new producer is trying to change things. After all, if the change is successful, then the new producer can argue on their CV that they successfully rebooted a successful UK TV franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I forgot they still made it. Always found it quite tedious to be honest.
Same here. I used to watch it when I was a kid, but, TBH, that was because we only had one colour TV, and my dad enjoyed it. Not like now, when if anyone in the family wants to watch something (be it on TV or online), they have dozens of different ways they can watch it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote