View Single Post
Old 19-02-2020, 06:39   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder 2

It's not even close to being the biggest heavyweight fight in 20 years opinionated maybe but even then, just to start you off, Tyson and Lewis was 2003 and I hazard a guess this was top of any boxing fans list. Factually, Joshua vs Klitschko sold more in the UK than Fury-Wilder 1 did in both the UK and US. The US audience for that fight was also higher than Wilder's own numbers domestically. In fact, the last 4 Joshua fights alone have been bigger draws than Wilders and Fury's last four, five, six or ten for that matter. Joshua and Usyk in the UK or even the US is massively bigger.

The fact that anyone could consider this 'The biggest' anything is exactly why boxing took a massive dump in the UK right after Haye/Harrison. Media promotion convincing people that this is some 'Clash of the titans' and not billing it as it is. Fury with a single high profile win in a diabolical 'fight' with Klitschko and Wilder, with two wins against a 40 year old Luis Ortiz and the biggest name on his resume ironically being Fury.

Quote:
The boxers/promoters are laughing all the way to the bank, whilst planning their next pay per view rematch.
This, they've already signed the trilogy. Fury's been tuning up on absolute bums and Wilder is absolutely petrified of going near anyone with a punch, hence why Whyte, Parker, Rivas, Povetkin and others can't get a look in.

They very literally handpicked each other because Wilder like the rest of the world knows that Fury throws pillows for punches and Fury cherry picked Wilder because he like the rest of the world has seen, is that Wilder is a fairly horrible boxer that sits on a single punch.

The best thing that could come out of this is Wilder pancaking Fury and being forced to take on his Mandatory, Whyte. Whyte has the potential to put an end to Wilder and finally free the stranglehold these two nuggets have on the heavyweight division at the minute.

As for this actual fight,

Fury evidently isn't winning on points. Fury's entire career is based upon being able to allude his opponent and generally fighting backwards, the idea he's moved away from it to gain some power is silly. It either hasn't happened and is a trick to throw Wilder off or it has happened and he'll come in like a raging bull and get knocked out swiftly. The rematch favours Wilder. He's seen everything Fury has on offer and still decked him twice. I expect Wilder to be more aggressive and headhunt Fury from the offset.

If Fury gets put down early, he's done. On the fluke scenario that Fury either gets a points decision in the US or even flukier, scores a knockout then he really has to look at Joshua in Vegas or New York. A Joshua coming forward with no regard for Fury's non-power and more than capable of boxing whilst landing absolute bombs is a stylistic nightmare for Fury.

Reality however is that if Fury wins, a third fight can be sanctioned immediately, however if Wilder wins, then as above he'll be forced to fight a mandatory which at present is Whyte or vacate the title. Either way Wilder winning can sort of get the division moving again.

My pick: Wilder. Who I want to win? Wilder.