View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 11:59   #199
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: House of Fraser in trouble...

There needs to be a fundamental reconfiguration of how high streets are used (by this i mean smaller towns, not so much large city centres where a lot of these already in place)

Stores need to adjust their opening hours the 9-5:30 just doesn't work for the majority of consumers. Moving to a continental approach may help.
More residential accommodation directly in town centres.
Car parking charges need to be heavily reduced.
willing and helpful store assistants
To name but a few.

there are certain things I will always visit a place physically to buy such as large electrical appliances etc.

HMV is a prime example of an overpriced and archaic business model that justifiably has gone to the wall. The fact is they had a streaming service in place before Spotify but failed to recognise or maximise it's potential.

Greenwoods was a place I visited when I was looking for my wedding suit hire (almost 2 years ago now ) Poor selection, poor quality & poor service. Instead went to Moss Bros and got far superior in every way. Now, if the Greenwoods experience i received extrapolates then it's unsurprising the way it has gone.