View Single Post
Old 28-12-2018, 11:42   #196
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: House of Fraser in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Probably one of the more vulnerable brands to on-line and downloads.

My grandfather used to work for EMI (records) in Hayes. The original owners of the HMV brand.
Not totally surprised. When Hilco bought HMV out of administration, they made much of how they had turned around the Canadian HMV chain with a winning formula which they could apply to the UK. However, the Canadian chain has since closed so they obviously didn't.
Hilco now owns Homebase so I suspect they will focus on trying to make that work. HMV has franchises in other countries like Hong Kong so I expect these will continue even if the UK stores all close.
Heero, you've probably seen this, this is how EMI Hayes is looking like now. http://www.theoldvinylfactory.com/
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote