Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 19:06   #6242
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
But despite all the lies from “Both” Leave and Remain camps. Had Remain won, you would had no problem recognising the result and we would miraculously not be having this discussion.
I think we would be having this discussion

Early on in the campaign before it became clear how well Leave were doing it was hardly a secret than some Eurosceptics were looking to keep the 'loss' over 40% to order to maintain momentum for a future referendum. Remainers were discussing how big the win would need to be in order to 'kill the issue for a generation' and the question of a 2nd Scottish referendum was being discussed too. I think even some members on here were talking about what would be required in order to have another vote.

The vote always had the prospect of a second referendum in the background it was just people thought it was be if Remain won a narrow victory. If it was Remain 52% I am almost certain we would be discussing it.

Doesn't mean it's right. I would be arguing against it. I don't feel as strongly against a second referendum now obviously although I still don't really support it.