View Single Post
Old 13-11-2017, 12:27   #5
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Light weight cordless electric pole hedge trimmer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Many thanks for that Osem. I really wanted a cordless pole trimmer as I don't do ladders, and although our hedges are not too tall I still can't reach up and over for the hard to get at bits. Got charged £50 last time I had one hedge cut, so I'm thinking a couple of visits and I could have bought our own trimmer.
I agree - far better to buy your own. You can buy mains powered pole trimmers which is what I was actually referring to above and they can be quite a bit cheaper than the cordless.

Here's a couple weighing in at around 4kg:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010DY1C..._t2_B01NGTW23N

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Einhell-GC-...+trimmer&psc=1

They obviously don't have quite the same freedom of movement as the battery powered ones but don't run out of juice either though and will almost certainly be more powerful. You'd want to connect it via an RCD for safety obviously.

Seriously, I'd take a trip to the garden centre and handle a few to see what you think about how heavy and easy to handle they are typically, then buy what you want from the cheapest decent source you can. Bear in mind that most of the weight is at the cutting end so they'll be easier to handle when not fully extended and feel heavier the more you extend them. If your hedges aren't too tall you may get away with little or no extending necessary though. If you buy now though, it'll be sitting around doing very little for quite a few months, even if you do get to cut the hedge one last time this year.

Last edited by Osem; 13-11-2017 at 13:10.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote