View Single Post
Old 13-11-2017, 10:59   #2
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Light weight cordless electric pole hedge trimmer?

Can't really advise on brands but does it have to be cordless? Might be a good idea to go to a large garden centre and handle a few to see how much the weight difference is between A/C and battery powered. If your hedges are high it's important to try holding the trimmer up fully extended in the showroom to see if you can manage it easily. They can soon start to feel quite heavy but if you only have small hedges and are happy to take regular breaks in the action that might not be an issue. Your choice will also depend on the size/type of hedging. If you could purchase from somewhere which will enable you to try it out and return it if you're not happy that'd be a good idea. GTech offer a 30 day return option but ask that items are returned in 'original condition' so you wouldn't be able to try it in action. Places like QVC also sell these from time to time but it's the wrong time of year now so you probably won't see any for sale on TV until spring. The benefit there is that you can actually use the items and then send them back within 30 days if you're not happy. Given that your hedges aren't going to grow much more now, if at all, might it not be an idea to wait until spring then buy something you can actually try out?

I love and have quite a few li-ion battery powered tools but have always avoided them for garden equipment as my feeling is they do yet have the power and battery life I would want - I hate getting half way through a job only to run out of power...

Last edited by Osem; 13-11-2017 at 11:03.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote