View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:47   #22
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: DPP charges politicians on expenses fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
i thought ,and i could be wrong that if you have been charged then you must have been arrested and therefore fingerprints and dna must be taken could this be the reason ?
In Scotland you can be reported if the crime is minor and the identity of the accused is known so no need for arresting, fingerprinting and DNA'ing.

I'd imagine England and Wales are the same.

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

Still its nice to see that they have realised the level of public anger and are taking their chances in court without trying to wriggle out of it by effectively claiming that MP's are better than the public and above the law.

Oh...

Quote:
It is feared that the prosecution case against them could be delayed by months of legal wrangling over whether the MPs are right to assert that their actions are covered by parliamentary privilege.
Absolutely no shame.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote