View Single Post
Old 25-02-2008, 00:12   #211
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersamson View Post
I imagine (in response to multiple computers through NAT) it will become more and more the onus upon the account holder to defend themselves.

There will be a link to phorm to opt out completely and they will ask you to visit it on all devices that can access the internet so one users data doesn't cross over. There will be another link to contact a customer service operative for larger organisations on a case by case basis where they will block an IP from all adverts that are remote third party risky, but push through those from respected advertisers without using keywords, so a safe advert policy. Along with a requirement to renew this every 6 months say on a rolling basis.

To avoid every customer using this they can implement very strict filters on the sites you can visit through the phishing mechanism for your IP, so anything "rated 18" will be blocked and logged, then queried as to why you need an exception on this basis for your internet facing IP and a recommendation you switch back to the cookie method of opting out for individual devices.
You seem to know a lot about the finer detail.

But why all the opt out stuff. This should be opt in, and certainly if you have opted out that's it, you should not have to go through that rigmarole every few months. Or is that a sneaky way of catching people back into the dodgy net?

Bottom line I do not want or accept this system as being something I want anywhere near my browsing habits. I do have nothing to hide. I just will not accept it. If brought in without a clear opt in policy that guarantees my privacy, Virgin Media will loose my custom.

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investi...5&in_page_id=3

Quote:
He once flew wealthy business executives to the edges of space in Russian fighter jets for $10,000 a time. He offered people the chance to turn their life stories into CD-Roms. And he planted pop-up adverts in personal computers with sophisticated but notorious ' spyware'.

<snip>

Financial Mail has found that Ertugrul and his company were responsible for one of the most unpopular pieces of spyware software, PeopleOnPage, which once installed was difficult to shift.
Do you really trust someone with such a reputation anywhere near your privacy