View Single Post
Old 31-12-2019, 17:46   #7114
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The BBC is planning for that eventuality - I mentioned this and provided my source some months ago. But of course, that doesn't suit your argument, so you ignore it. So, dream on, jfman, dream on.
Good friend of mine (known him since ‘94, worked with him twice in that time period) is a Network Technical Architect with the BBC (deeply involved in planning for the medium and long-term future for the BBC networks and transmission capabilities) disagrees with you...

He is currently involved (a small part if his job) in replacing 128Kb ISDN links (used for the Outside Broadcasting voice links) from football stadiums with 5G links - the ISDN links have been in place since the early 80s. The BBC sweats its assets, and doesn’t replace stuff because something "shiny" comes on stream.

The BBC put an options paper together, one of those options was no DTT, but that was in the "very unlikely" category...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.