View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:36   #375
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
I'm after a bit of advice. I'm currently using a ps3 with unblockus to access US Netflix. I'd like to add a cheap device in the bedroom for Netflix viewing, that must be unblockus compatible. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Roku - you can pick them up for about £45 these days. Or WD live tv you can get for about £60 if you look around on Ebay and Amazon.

Personally I would avoid the Roku if using unblockus as you can't change the DNS settings with in the Roku box and have to change them in your router.

Any of the cheap Bluray players that include Netflix will be fine; sometimes you can get those for around £60.

Personally I like the WDTV Live Streaming Media Player because you can set it to output 1080p/24, which a lot of the content on the US Netflix is encoded as, including US TV as well as films. For TVs that can't do 24fps, it can also output 1080p/60 which works well and you can choose various other combinations.

They often sell for £60 but prices can go higher than that at times.

Another popular Netflix device is Apple TV, but as I understand it, you can't change the default output from 50hz. This possibly applies to most BR players. Also Apple TV only outputs 5.1 DD, rather than 5.1 DD+

This article is a bit old now, but may be of help?

http://www.techofthehub.com/whats-best-netflix-player