View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:13   #371
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I expect you are right about that, but it's a pity, because I'm sure that if there was a subscription arrangement, such as the one we have with Netflix, this would rake in more money for Amazon and HBO. I don't think that many of us are going to be splashing out to 'buy' these rights to stream the programming. I only want to view them once anyway, no point in watching a second time, although I know some people who just watch the same stuff over and over again.
Sky have the streaming subscription rights to HBO locked up in the UK. That is the problem.

HBO obviously thought it more lucrative to do an exclusive deal with Sky than to make it available to more people. This seems contrary to the way HBO distributes content in the US, where the subscription option seems available with most cable/satellite services.