Thread: Mesh Wifi
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2019, 15:10   #26
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Mesh Wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I do have the BT home hub as a close second choice, though the twin ethernet ports of the tp link sway it (I have things like smart tv's/ cctv that need ethernet and two ports are more versatile)

I'm only on the 100 mBit stream, and unlikely to ever get close to maxing out the devices ability for the lifetime of them.

I'm not sure what Ethernet backhaul is, and if I should need it especially. (I'm not running ethernet from node to node)
Ethernet backhaul means the mesh system can used a wired network to route the traffic between nodes - see https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/f...m=select-local You get lower latency and faster throughput. However, this only make sense if you have the ethernet already wired near the node location.

Your ISP speed is secondary to what you might want to do on the (internal) network. For example, your CTV may be pushing high resolution video to a server/NAS somewhere in your home. You also may want to view the view the video over wifi all the while sharing the (wifi) bandwidth with other home users.

BTW, you can always have a local switch co-located with the node if you want to shared the wired access ..