View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 14:06   #6327
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
And that's your opinion, Den, which of course you are perfectly entitled to express, even without any links to support your view.

Over a long period, I have at least provided links to support the statements I have made.. You don't have to believe any of them, though. You can choose to believe what you want to believe.

You keep talking about 'my future' as if I was engineering it. I'm not, of course, I'm simply forming my views on the basis of what I read and what the industry itself appears to be working towards.

I do understand that you are more comfortable with things as they are, but your personal preference does not determine the future.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

It looked as though you were responding to Max's statement, but OK, fair enough.

While I understand what you are saying about existing writers, directors, etc being stretched to provide all this material, you are assuming that there is no other talent out there. It is incredibly difficult for anyone with aspirations to write, direct , perform, etc in this line of business, and increased demand will create more opportunities for them.
While I'd generally welcome the increased employment opportunities it could give I won't hold my breath for increased quality given the extent television scrapes the barrel.