View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 17:51   #2210
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: PM Boris forms a government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Correct - You have 2 out of 3 cases, saying Boris Proroguing Parliament was lawful and a Scottish Court saying not -, you got a former Supreme Court Justice, Lord Sumption saying, it's not unlawful, who's right...?
Lord Sumption also thinks we should have another Referendum, and that BJ is putting forward fanatical ideas and is surrounded by fanatics.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/p...e-of-a-fanatic

Quote:
“my view is that we need another referendum. I am opposed to referendums as such, because I think the political process is a valuable source of compromise, and I was opposed to this referendum because there were too many answers to the question posed other than ‘yes’ or ‘no.’”

But “it seems to me that having had one of them, and ended up in the current insufferable situation, it may well be that the only way out which both sides should ultimately accept as legitimate is to have another. How else can we answer the vital questions left unanswered in 2016… The British people have never been asked what our relationship with the EU should be if we leave. It would have been difficult to ask them in 2016, because at that time we had no idea what terms would be available and what problems would arise. We have a very clear idea of that now.

“The suggestion that a second vote would be undemocratic is extraordinary and disingenuous. The referendum of 2016 has not answered the question: how much are we prepared to pay to be out of the EU?”
Quote:
Boris Johnson “is putting forward ideas which are essentially those of a fanatic,” Sumption said, requiring surprisingly little encouragement. “Whether he is a fanatic himself is a matter on which there has been much speculation. I have no more knowledge of that than the rest of the public. But he has certainly got plenty of fanatics around him. We are getting statements from Downing Street like ‘We intend to sabotage this extension,’ and such like. If Al Capone had been in the habit of issuing press statements, they would have looked something like that.”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.