View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 08:50   #1819
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
You may well be right. I've tried changing my V6 settings from 1080p down to the other resolutions including 576i, but noticed no real difference. However, when I switched my 43" TV screen size from 16:9 ratio to 4:3, I did notice PQ improved slightly on all the SD channels.
Since you mention settings, the 32 inch Full HD screen I previously mentioned is set to 1080p. Our previous TV was set the same, and was also 32 inch, but it had a non-standard resolution that wasn't quite Full HD, but was higher than 720p and would happily downscale a Full HD signal to this in-between resolution. So I noticed a little difference when we got a new TV a couple years ago, but mostly for the better, as would be expected.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote