View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 21:02   #6272
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Latency is a big problem with live streaming and once they have tackled that, the worst of the problems faced by the streamers will be overcome. It would not be at all surprising to learn that this was a big reason why Amazon did not wish to bid for one of the bigger packages this last time around. I've said consistently that latency and broadband coverage/speeds were the main drawbacks for live streaming.

Amazon will be keen not to annoy football fans with poor reception and delayed real time action. It will be interesting to see how the coverage of those Christmas matches goes.
That’s speculative on your part. There’s no indication that had anything to do with the tennis problems.

I’ve said there’s plenty of problems with live streaming, not least making a profit on a £5bn investment, so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes. No wonder they raided the bargain bucket rather than stumped up big money.

I suspect everyone in this field will want someone else to move first and take the risk. Just a shame La Liga is damaged goods, it’d be a way to test it week in week out with two big events per year.