Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 14:08   #263
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 500mb Question

CMTS and UBR are the same thing, they are different names used by different vendors who provide the equipment. Not only does it depend on the cmts you connect to, but also the line card within the cmts. Because CMTS' have varying loads some may have the capacity in place to handle a new tier however VM will not advertise the upgrade as being available until all uplift work has taken place. As an example, I think there are 3 or 4 CMTS' for Lincoln and VM will make new tiers available as and when upgrade work has been completed on the cmts to make it ready for it. For this reason distance can't be factored into it. I know the area down the road two miles south from me is on a different cmts and similarly five miles north at the other end of the city is as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote